Saturday, March 21, 2015

My Sexy Saturday : Our Sexy Tomorrow

It's time for another My Sexy Saturday post. As always these posts are 7 paragraphs, 7 sentences or 7 words from a novel (either published or a work in progress) that offer a tantalizing glimpse at the story. After you read my post make sure you click through the links below to discover other great stories and authors.

This week's My Sexy Saturday theme is Our Sexy Tomorrow. There are lots of ways to interpret this theme and I'm going with a promise that this isn't over kind of conversation between the leading lady of my sci-fi romance (Ripe Tide, still in progress) and her handsome smuggler. The scene opens with Kara moving cargo into her ship and who should appear on the dock but our lovable hero, Phinn. Enjoy!

 Rip Tide except:

Phinn stepped over the gap between the dock and the ship’s cargo bay. “My ship is gone.” He began advancing on Kara with a steady stride. “Everything I owned.” Kara could see Phinn’s chest swelling with every outraged breathe. She started stepping backwards to keep some distance between them. “My home.” Kara’s back hit the walk and Phinn’s strong form moved closer. He stopped just in front of her, forcing Kara to tilt her head back to look up at him. “It’s all gone.”


She felt the slight brush of his chest against her breasts as she shifted from one foot to the other. Staring up at him she swiped her tongue over her lips. “I’m sorry,” Kara said as calmly as she could.

“Not good enough,” Phinn whispered and began to lean closer into her.

Just before he could touch her someone from behind him interrupted. “Kara, everything alright?”

Still looking up into Phinn’s deep stare, Kara answered, “Everything’s fine, Zeke.” Kara’s gaze flickered from Phinn to the man. “Just discussing things with a new crew member.” She looked back up at Phinn. “I’m sure the shuttle will be adequate quarters for now.” Phinn’s jaw tightened, but he nodded and stepped back from her.

Kara took a shaking breath and moved away from the metal wall. “Zeke, go round up Cheryl and Zack. Tell them we’re taking off early.” Glancing back to Phinn, Kara added, “And pick up an extra ration unit.” Zeke nodded, but gave a lingering look at Phinn before walking away.

“So what are you going to do about my ship?” Phinn asked, pinning her in place with a smoldering look.


That's it for this week. I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse at Rip Tide. I hope to be working on the full story this summer. Make sure to check out some of the other sexy snippits along the hop.

Peace and Love



1 comment: