Saturday, July 4, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo

Participant 2015 - Web Banner

I've hit the ground running, and just in the nick of time. Camp has started and I've dedicated myself to writing 30k words this month. Because I have to hold myself accountable if I want to complete the challenge there's a meter at the bottom of the blog to keep me on track and I'll be updating my progress every Friday. .

I filled everyone in a bit on the story I'm working on, but here's a little more about it.

The working title at the moment is Lost Relic and it is going to be an interactive romance novel. I love the idea that the reader gets to dictate the story. Here's the synopsis I'm working with right now:

Years of working inside a museum have taken a toll on Donna’s passion for history. Now two strangers, each a master of his field, have shown up offering her a chance to rekindle her love. The lost temple of the Golden King is hidden just beyond the horizon of the Amazon and now Donna has the chance to be a part of its discovery. Will she follow the prestigious historian or the roguish treasure hunter? You decide.


So we have a twist of Indian Jones and The Mummy styles. I don't know how this story is going to come out, but I've got high hopes. I have been able to keep at my goal of 1k words a day for now. I'm a little over that, but I like having the buffer for those days when my muse takes a nap.


I thought because this story doesn't have a scrap of paranormal, fantasy or sci-fi in it that it was going to be harder to connect with the characters and the adventure, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. If that bridge does pop up, I might just through a fire ball in there somewhere. :)

As always Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment