Monday, April 24, 2017

CampNaNoWriMo: Last Week Jitters



It's been a rough three weeks. My lil girl had spring break from school, my hubby had oral surgery and I've completely abandoned the house work. Somehow I've managed to stay more or less on track with my camp goal of 50k. Only 10k left to go as of this post, but it's had its ups and downs.

Last week it was all I could do to get just a few hundred words typed for this story. Shadow's Fall has proven to have characters that have a mind of their own and the plot went completely twisty turby. It kind of looks like a pretzel when I look at it. In the last stretch now I know there are parts I'm going to have to go back to and work on. I've left a couple of half chapters with vague dialog and actions. Defiantly going to have to fill those in.

But I always get a case of the jitters at this point of any NaNoWriMo challenge. (When I've made it to this point anyway). I also get these jitters when I'm getting to the last few chapters of any story. I know I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me even after I type in "The End" and that's okay.

For those writers struggling to meet their word counts here's a shout out: You Got This! 

You do. Even if we don't meet the challenge we've got a lot accomplished. Whether it's 2,000 words or 40k words, there has been something added to the stories that keep us awake at night. So keep going. Keep telling those stories and don't quit.

Peace and Love everyone and keep the stories flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment