Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Wrap Up

 

It's that time again. We're bidding a fond farewell to 2014 and welcoming in a new year. With traditions for New Year's Resolutions and the New Year's kiss I couldn't help myself from looking back at this year and thinking about all the things I've accomplished and all the things I didn't quite get done. 

I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to meet Parajunkee's Shifter Reading Challenge. I didn't manage to read and review five shifter books, but that was only half the total I should have read to complete the challenge. If you'd like to see some of the great reviews other readers put out on shifter fiction this year hop on over to Parajunkee's Shifter Challenge page.

If you missed my shifter review jump on back through the blog and check 'em out!

http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Hunt-J-R-White-ebook/dp/B00NAJ9R3E/ref=la_B00L048SZO_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411645598&sr=1-1I did manage to get Fox Hunt published this year. As the second novel in the Saving Grace Saga (I even named the series :) Fox Hunt was an important publication for me. It meant I got to jump ahead with the third and final book in the set, Fire Hunt. I'm finishing up the final draft of Fire Hunt as I type this, and I'm feeling pretty good about how it's going. I know first thing in 2015 I'm going to be revising and editing, but that can be fun too.

CampNaNoWriMo wasn't too much of a success for me. This past July I attempted to write 30k words for my sci-fi romance novel, but barely hit the 10k mark. It was a sad moment realizing the story just wasn't ready to progress to a full time writing project. While I know a novel written in such a short time will need a lot of work, I was looking forward to handling those characters again. They are all still in my heart and from time to time I still jot down notes and short scenes.

http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.com/
A happy thought for the end of the year is that I managed to take a step further into the world of marketing. I wasn't very comfortable marketing my own stuff when Witch Hunt was published, but finding the MySexySaturday blog hop and some other great blogs to work with I really enjoyed it in this past year. A shout out to Sharon Clare at Romance and Beyond for the chance to interview my character, Mike. That was so much fun and offered a great deal of inspiration.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but that was my 2014. My plans for 2015 are still forming, but I know if nothing else it's going to be a year filled with adventure packed romance and great new experiences.

Happy New Year and as always Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment