Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Let's Roast Marshmallows

http://files.content.campnanowrimo.org/camp/files/2014/02/2014-Participant-Facebook-Cover.jpg 


It's that time of year again. That's right Camp NaNoWriMo is here again. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attempt NaNoWriMo in November so I'm going to try for a camp out. Camp is a lot of like what happens in November, but there are a few differences. I get to choose a word goal instead of the standard 50k words in a month. Also I get to have a cabin filled with other writers. 

This year I'm attempting to add 30k words to a story I've had setting to the side for a while. Back in 2012 I attempted to write this story at Camp NaNoWriMo, and I'm sad to say I only just reached 3k. Witch Hunt and Fox Hunt have dominated my mind for the last few years along with the random story, but I think I need to leave the witches and wolves behind for a month and work on something else.

Rip Tide is a sci-fi romance that feels like a great idea to me and hopefully I'll be able to get a lot more of it typed out this month. Here's a short blurb about the story:


On the run after a galactic war that tore the loyalties of mankind, Kara refuses to be used again. Separated from her ship and crew, she will use any means available to survive and avoid recapture.


In any case I'll be working on this in the coming weeks and we'll see where it goes. 

As always happy reading and writing and good dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment