Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Sexy Saturday: Something About Sexy

 

It's another My Sexy Saturday! This weeks theme is Something About Sexy and I've put together seven paragraphs from my WIP, Lost Relic, that I think you'll love. Make sure you stop by the other great blogs to get a peek at some more sexy moments.

Lost Relic



“You’re not half bad at this,” he said, winking over his cards. Lillian could feel herself grinning back at him as she dropped her hand down on the table. “Well, I’ll be. That’s a Royal Flush. Beats my two pair.” Alex tossed his cards down on the table and leaned back in his chair. 

“You’re letting me win, Mr. Martin,” Lillian accused as she gathered up the cards and began to shuffle them back together.

“It’s Alex and I only lose when I’ve got something to gain from it,” he said playfully. 

“Well, I can’t extend your funding, Alex. So I don’t see what you could stand to gain from me.” She shifted her eyes down to look at the cards as her fingers flipped and dropped the cards back together.

“There’s always something to gain from a pretty lady.” The husky tone in his voice caused her to flinch, which sent the cards flying from her hands. For a second she locked eyes with him through the flutter of cards and there was no mistaking the suggestive smirk he wore. She could feel heat spreading across her face and knew the blush was clear to him too. 

Clearing her throat, Lillian started picking the scattered cards up off the table and her lap. Having the man proposition her had crossed her mind, but she’d brushed it aside as a silly idea. She was in her mid-twenties after all and spent more time in books than caring about her appearance. 

Lillian bent from her chair to pick up the cards that had fallen on the floor. When she sat back up Alex was leaning his elbows on the table and smiling at her. “You are a very pretty lady, Lillian, but I don’t think throwing the cards at me is the best way to win a game.” He reached over and plucked the cards from her hands. “How about I shuffle this hand?”


That's the snippet for this week. Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment